Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Problem With solid edge and lathe toolpath

SmaDoc

I am somewhat new to mastercam, and am having problems assigning a tool path to a part I created using solid edge. When I try to apply a rough tool path to the part using the chain method, it wont let me select the contour of the part, only these lines that run vertical. The lines look to be forming the part but when I try to use them as a chain and click done it comes up with a warning "Warning - the contour does not lie in the construction plane." I don't know if maybe I'm missing something (besides the chuck and stock boundries) or if it just doesnt like how I drew the part in solid edge. I uploaded a screenshot after the error popped up. Its located on the ftp in the all pictures folder, the file name is lathe_toolpath_smadoc.jpg (if needed I can upload more or better screen shots). I've checked in other posts but didn't see anything that helped, and the book was no help either. I hope someone has an answer smile.gif

Thanks,

Sam

Thanks for the welcome Jean-Simon. I do believe I have the solid option when I goto toolpath, rough, I see the solids option, I can use that and the profile that I want to cut highlights in blue, and I can click on the profile parts, but as soon I click done it goes away, and doesnt seem to do anything. Trevor, thanks for the offer to doctor my file(s), but for now I don't want to bother you too much with it, and I'd like to try fixing it my self, incase I run into this problem again.

Thanks for the info so far smile.gif ,

Sam

[ 11-13-2003, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: SmaDoc ]

I thank everyone for their help, I finally figured out that I wasn't clicking the final done button when using the solids command (toolpath, rough, solids) once I did that it worked, now I just need to play around with it and actully setup the stock and chuck like we'd be using here.

Thanks again,

Sam

smile.gif