Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X8 / X9 Save files with solid feature suppressed

rsbeadle

In older versions of Mastercam we were able to save a file with solid features suppressed. Now I get a warning message and it won't let me save the file. Is there a setting that can be changed to allow me to save the file or is this something we will have to live with? I searched the forum and I didn't find anything relevant.

Thanks

They have a chook/nethook you can download on the Mastercam site which will allow you to save a file with the solid model suppressed..

Save Solid As Is

Runs in X9 and performs a "Save As" function that overrides the Solids saving restrictions introduced in X8. It allows users to save parts that contain Solids that are dirty, or have suppressed, or rolled back operations.

To install...

1. Download the .ZIP file to a temporary folder.
  2. Extract the *.zip file to your C:\Program Files\mcamx9\chooks directory.
  3. Launch the C-Hook by Pressing Alt-C and selecting it in the File / Open dialog.

Thanks for the help guys. I loaded it on my computer and it works fine. Another programmer that doesn't have X9 installed yet tried to use the one for X8 and it would not run. I think it is the C++ version that was updated with X9 that he needs. Could that be it or maybe something else?

Thanks again

It is because that utility was made for X9 so it will be linked to the X9 nethook.dll or if its a true chook it will be compiled using the code that powers x9 chooks.. either way the X9 version wont run on X8..

At the top of that download page is a dropdown for Mastercam version.. set it to X8 and you can download the X8 version of the same chook