Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to get Toolpath color on Backplot

StoneyNH

I just loaded MCAMX-8 & when I do a Backplot Im used to seeing a colored toolpath the same width as my selected tool.Im not seeing anything except a fine line of my rough & finish passes.What do I have to choose under Settings/Color to change the color of that particular option? My background is dark blue so it must be set the same & thats why I cant see it?

You might be looking for classic backplot's quick verify.  There is a push button to toggle this feature on/off (2nd to last, in the top row).  The default color is probably gray.  You can use the options push button (last, in the top row) to set the color - use verify color.

I should have been more precise, sorry, ... yep, the 2nd to last icon at the top of my Mastercam screen is the statistics button (sigma), too.  I should have stated 2nd to last on the backplot dialog.  It is on the backplot dialog that you can enable/disable quick verify. 

And then I should have stated the last pushbutton could be used to set the color of the quick verify (in setup).  But that would have only helped you set the color in this session of Mastercam.  Once you exited, your color choice would be lost (revert back to default).

So you are on a better path...  in settings/configuration, use the "Backplot" settings rather than the "Color" settings.  There you will see "colors" in the middle right and a dropdown list, starting with rapid color.  Change the drop down to "verify color".

Lets start at the beginning...when I want to verify my toolpath which verify icon should I use out of the 3 choices? The 1st one,the 2nd one or the 3rd one? I generally have been using the 1st one. Then which choices should I have hilited in the Backplot window? The only one I have hilited is Quick Verify. I tried using each one individually & i get lots of geometry that wont clean up off of my original geometry when i get out of Backplot.

Wheres Classic backplot? Wheres new backplot? I cant find those.I have 3 options #1=Backplot selected operations,#2=Verify selected operations,#3=Backplot/Verify options.

And no,when I backplot a seperate graphics window doesnt appear.All I can get out of it is a tool that shows up way above my graphics & doesnt move.

And when I backplot a drill cycle it only shows the 1st hole not all of them like version 4 used to do.