Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

create custom tool in X9 ?

johnner

I always draw my custom tools to size also, here's what I got I drew one in (X6) and it came out correct here's an example a step drill with a .315 diameter pilot and a .625 diameter shank, in (X9) I have to make the shank .315 diameter and the pilot proportional, that's different than (X6)

I've got a screen shot of my tool but there doesn't seem to be away to easily up load it :(

I use photobucket but there is a away to link it here if you click on the more reply options, you can then choose it and attach it

Just a quick double check on the pic 1 ....

If you turn on your WCS lines(F9), is your tool centered?

The starting point on your point, seems to be to the left of the ending point of the top of your tool

Ran into this with someone about a year ago, same exact issue

You cannot have blanked or hidden geometry on the same level as the tool geometry.....

Screen unblank, select geometry, green check to accept, then either move it to a construction level or delete....

On a tool level there can only be tool geometry

:cheers:

Thank you John, I dint even think of that, I thought that level was clean, I never use blank, unblank so I don’t know how that happen, I also tried new geometry on about 5 other levels and getting the same thing you have excellent trouble shooting skills.

Thanks Again