Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Corner cuts

rchipper

Is there a way to control the amount of material the tool takes when rounding corners in the Dynamic mill tool paths? With the step over set to 12% the straights are fine but you can see that stock removal increases on the corners. Several times when holding thin parts the material pulled out of the jaws because the tool takes too much material when rounding corners. ??

post-43553-0-19512100-1435765781_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the input.

I really like the Dynamic cycles except for the corner thing. I have tried offsetting the first pass and reducing the feed at the start and that does seem to help.

One thing I fight the most with the Dynamic cycles is getting operators to trust it. They see the speed and feed and instantly avoid running the cycle or they "used" to slow everything down which would result in cruddy tool performance. Once they open their mind and try it, they are on board. Anyhow, thanks again. I love this place.