Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Speed changing incorrectly in X9 dynamic milling

SnahOlah

I searched and couldn't find anything on this. Im having an issue when I use a separate entry speed and feed using the dynamic milling toolpath. Whenever the tool picks up to reposition it slows to the entry spindle speed but continues cutting at the higher normal feed rate. I can repeat this every time using all different scenarios. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks...

I appreciate the response. My understanding of the post and NCI file strongly say this is occurring at the NCI level. Would you mind telling me a brief description of the changes you made. Also note that the most current post released with x9 still yield the same result and so far it repeats 100%

Where I work I cannot share any files unfortunately. This repeats with any dynamic path I have tried in x9 with a separate entry speed and feed in which the tool picks up. I was mostly asking for those people that had already encountered it and didn't require a file. Which it seems gcode is one of those. Im sorry I can't be more helpful but it should be easy to replicate (and CAD CAM consulting has been able to repeat it as well, so I think it is a glitch and there is no trick solution but I still was curious of anyone did have a solution)

to be more clear: The op will begin with the entry speed, and ramp into the part at the entry feed. It will then speed up to the speed specified on the tool parameters page and commence to cut at the feed specified on the tool parameters page. But once it retracts during the toolpath it slows back down to the entry speed, then it will put the tool back down to continue cutting but will continue cutting at the higher feed (thus using the entry speed but the tool parameters page feed) which of course could easily cause tool failure...

• 3 months later...