Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X8 TOOL MANAGER PROBLEM

JAMES GABEL

Set your tool....add a holder......

Go into the Toolpaths dropdown menu >> Tool Manager, once int he tool  manager, right click on the newly created tool and save to library

It will be saved as an assembly......

It's a bit of a runaround to get it to save in X8, X9 is better in that you can just right click and save to library in the tool selection window

I am sorry.  I started this wrong.  I am trying to draw up my holders and bring them in as holders so mastercam knows which is the holder and which is the tool.  Can I bring the custom holder and tool so mastercam can show me collisions?

I always build mine in the operation so I can easily save the assembly to a library.