Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc - Making "reset" a soft "e-stop"

Does anyone know which parameter affects how "reset" affects the machine spindle?

I'm mainly after having the spindle stop after hitting "reset" on the panel, but I'd like it to act as a soft "e-stop", which will stop all axis movements, spindle and coolants.

Currently on a lot of our machines (mostly niigatas) pressing "reset" doesn't affect the spindle at all.

TIA

There's a group of parameters that dictate the machine's condition after reset. I'm away from my computer at the moment. Later this evening I have to do some work and I'll give you the info.

Guest MTB Technical Services

There is nothing in the standard parameters directly related to the spindle stopping.

This is either controlled by a Keep Relay or the builder's PMC itself.

You should contact SNK America as they are the importer/distributor for Nigata.

[email protected]

You can find the parameters and states in B-63944EN/03 Appendix F. There's an entire section devoted to it. There's too much to type out.

If you don't have the manual post back in here and we'll see what we can dig up. ;)

You can find the parameters and states in B-63944EN/03 Appendix F. There's an entire section devoted to it. There's too much to type out.

If you don't have the manual post back in here and we'll see what we can dig up. ;)

http://cncmanual.com/download/?file=3114

Page 2311

The Spindle rotation signal is deleted at power on but is unchanged in the clear state or reset state.

Note 2.

If a reset is made during execution of a block, the states of the modal G code and

modal address (such as N, F, S, T, or M) specified in the block are not reflected.

The modal information specified in the previous and preceding blocks is kept

Having Reset stop the spindle and act like a 'soft' E-Stop looks to be a PMC ladder customization by the builder.

These are the most useful parameters regarding Reset

Reset Key Parameters – 0ib, 0ic, 21i, 18i

3402.6=1 Clear to start-up F,H,D,T,G INCLUDING G54 (Not M)

6001.6=0 Clear custom Macros 100-149

6001.7 =0 Clear macro variables 1-33

3203.7=1 MDI program delete with reset

3107.2=1 DNC Op Cleared

1201.7=1 Work offset clear (not needed when 3402.6 = 1)

8160.7=0 Clear (Sync / Composite / Superimposed)

Reset Key Parameters – 30 series, 0id

3402.6=1 Clear to start-up F,H,D,T,G INCLUDING G54 (Not M)

6001.6=0 Clear custom Macros 100-149

3203.7=1 MDI program delete with reset

1201.7=0 Work offset clear (not needed when 3402.6 = 1)

8160.7=0 Clear (Sync / Composite / Superimposed)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

We got two of those machines last week from sister facility. To my surprise identical machines were setup totally differently...I couldn't even slow down the feedrates while running the program on one of them. All is good now with the exception of stopping the spindle at reset. My little research leads me to believe that it is the builder and not a simple parameter change.

We already have 6 other niigatas in house and they're all set like that. I might just leave it in this state.

Thanks James for the offer and thanks Tim for the snk contact info!

<cheers>