Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

trig functions in mastercam

Roger Peterson

When punching in values is there a way to use tan or sin... If I am offseting a line and my distance is 10 degrees over 1.375 inches. I can add, sub, mult, div, I would like to be able to punch in 10tan * 1.375 and get my value. Does anyone know how or if I can do this? I can use my calculator, I can use offset contour and punch in my 1.375 as my depth offset which allows me to punch in 10 degree angle which will give me my distance, but it is a few more steps.

Thanks in advance

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Stolen from Mastercam's Help File

quote:

When Mastercam prompts for data entry such as a value for height, width, radius, or angle, you can take one of the following actions. These actions apply to both the prompt area and dialog box fields.

¨ Press either mouse button or press {Enter} to accept the displayed value.

¨ Type the data directly into the text box, then press {Enter}.

¨ Type the letter of a shortcut method, then press {Enter}.

Notes:

¨ Mastercam remembers the previous XYZ coordinates that you entered. To use these values again, press {Enter} instead of entering a value for each of the coordinates.

¨ Mastercam accepts formulas as well as numbers. You can use addition {+}, subtraction {-}, multiplication {*}, division {/}, and parentheses {( )}. Use ordinary algebraic notation {i.e., x1+2/3y(1-6*.025)/8z-1/2}.

¨ Wherever Mastercam accepts real numbers and formulas, you can enter an angle value in degrees/minutes/seconds or gradians/radians formats. Use the following data entry tokens, always placing the token after the numeral:

degrees=d

minutes = ‘

seconds = “

gradians = g

radians = r

[ 11-19-2003, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]