Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need help, CNC mill set up for CNC turning

jlw™

Hello all. A little back story. I sold my lathe with intentions on buying a better one... that money got re-appropriated. So I sold my jeep... that money too got re-appropriated.

I needed a solution for my hobby turning needs. I had an old 3 jaw chuck from a mini lathe and an extra 40 taper holder.

So I put them together and now can turn in my mill.

See video:

https://youtu.be/KaxF9HT6Oao

Any who, part of the perks of my job I have access to mcam. I have been using the mp post for the c axis and milling work in our lathes at work. I also have an Anilam post I got from our reseller.

I can use any combination for programming the mill to turn. Obviously I don't want to do this by hand so I'm hoping some one can tell me how to tweak the mp lathe post to output for radius like a mill would run instead of diameter for a lathe or make the Anilam post work with turning cycles.

Any help would be appreciated if it's post help or recommending milling cycles I can use for a turning path.

Thanks guys