Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2D Contour Ramp w/ Control Comp...no cycle time in Backplot?

jfranya

When programming a 2D Contour w/ ramping with Control Comp on, the backplot doesn't display any cycle time. If I change it to Computer Comp, it displays the cycle time. We use control comp because wear comp doesn't cooperate with our Heidenhain controls. Any ideas why this happens? TIA

I don't know why it happens, but I can confirm that any toolpath that uses control comp will not give a cycle time, this has been like this for a long time.

I believe that it is due to the 'supposed' inability for Mastercam to know the exact path the tool will take based on when comp turns off and on, personally I think this makes little sense, since they determine the path for use in backplot and verify .. but maybe there is another reason.

It is certainly something I wish they would fix.. despite the legions of people who use wear and nothing else, there are still those of us out there that for one reason or another use control comp and it would be nice to see CNC Software take it more seriously and fully support it by fixing issues like these..

• Like 1

I don't know why it happens, but I can confirm that any toolpath that uses control comp will not give a cycle time, this has been like this for a long time

I get cycle times if I use 2D Contour with control comp but no ramp...like finishing a keyway width. With the ramp turned on, no such luck...