Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Harvey Tools Simulation Files

Recenttly I purchased a back radius tool from Harvey tool. I downloaded their tool simulation the file and it looked fine. But when I went to use it and define it as a custom tool I would get an error. I went to JP's ( John Paris ) web site where I had seen a video he had done for custom tools. After watching it and the reading John's comments underneath the one that stuck with me was that over 90 percent of the time the problem was in the improperly trimmed tool geometry. Well the geometry was properly trimmed but it got me thinking about geometry. I will often blank something off of the screen. I went and did an unblank and sure enough there was geometry in the background. I unblanked it and then deleted it and voila. It worked fine. So if you down load a Harvey Tool simulation file unblank and delete the hidden geometry and it will work fine. Drawn to scale so no need to go and create custom tool geometry.  :thumbsup: