Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cloning control definition

SlaveCam

When I copy a control file to another name, or use the Save As function in the control definition dialog, it seems that the copy is not identical to the original - at least settings under how circular/arc motion behave are different. Is this a bug or a feature? Is there some other preferred way of cloning machine and control definitions? I ask because the original files used in production have some bad settings and I don't want to modify the originals yet, just to be sure.

Answering to myself: I did it in the wrong order. First Save As in machine definition and then Save As in control definition. Working :) UPDATE: However, when I assign a new post processor to the list in the control definition, the control settings are reset! Why? UPDATE2: Again answering to myself, control settings are dependent on the selected post. Had to import the original values from the original control file. :)

Is it OK to talk to oneself in this forum? :)