Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Back plot does not work with drill block

bagofdonuts

Howdy

The post I have does not display the "L" shaped drill block correctly when back plotting. It appears to show the hit points always in reference to the corner drill of the "L" (fixed lead drill), however it outputs the code correctly. This defeats the purpose of backplotting to verify code. Does anyone have a solution on how to fix this?

To add a bit more info, we will only be using G81 canned cycle. The problem seems to be with the fact that the lead drill could be differant for each hit. I use the G54.1 PX extended work coordinates to store the offsets for the 21 drills in the bank. Thus an example of the code would be as follows:

T3

T31

G0 G17 G90 G54.1 P1 M3

G81 X--.--- Y--.--- Z-.005 R1. F80.

G80

OR

T3

T51

G0 G17 G90 G54.1 P21 M3

G81 X--.--- Y--.--- Z-.005 R1. F80.

G80

Thanks ahead of time!!!

cheers.gif

[ 12-03-2003, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: bagofdonuts ]

It would be a real challenge to get the backplotter OR the verify to display the millions of different ways you could have your post doing canned cycles.

To me, as a machinist, it doesn't make sense, but to me, as a computer programmer, I know how difficult or impossible it would be to define what your post is doing with each of the canned cycles.

This has been covered a few times before, try a search for more info.

'Rekd

Hello

welcome to the forum!

I am not sure of what you are looking for? Could you please try and clarify what it is you are looking for or maybe put a fike on the ftp site to look at? is it you want you material to be l-shaped? I do not think it is a problem with you post since the code is coming out right.

Eric

Please review the original message I added a bit more information there.

The drill block of our router has 21 drill spindals shaped in an "L" configuration. Each drill can be called independantly or in any group of bits to drill multiple holes at once. It appears that Mastercam does a nice job of picking the right heads to drop but does not display it correctly in back plot. The back plot only shows the lead drill hit it seems as if Mastercam will always show the corner drill of the drill block as its drill location in back plot. Not the actual lead drill output to code.

Hope some of this helps!

I would not be opposed to changing how things are setup or work now as long as I can verify the program.

bagofdonuts,

Backplot and Verify in Mastercam are designed to display the NCI data of the toolpath operations, not the actual NC code. For this you would need to look into a 3rd party product, such as Cimco Edit Professional or MetaCut Utilities or some other toolpath verification software which actually verifies the NC code. I'm also not sure if there are any that will verify tools from the Router setup you have described. Do a search using Google or something else on the web for this type of software. HTH smile.gif

quote:

The back plot only shows the lead drill hit it seems as if Mastercam will always show the corner drill of the drill block as its drill location in back plot.

You answered your own question. The corner drill is the drill that is used to pick up whatever work offset you are using for the drill block head which is the location that is posted out and then it drops the required drills. If you are using Mastercam v9.1sp2 and you have display tool and display holder turned on it should backplot correctly.

HTH