Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Daewoo Puma Y Axis Lathe/Fanuc 18 control

Mick

Hi there,

A local shop, who is considering purchasing Mastercam, has some questions regarding the application of MAstercam for their machine. Specifically, they use a "Torque" function on the machine, as shown in the sample file HPCCANO2070-Torque.nc which I've uploaded to the Text and Post Files and Misc. section of the FTP.

As I'm not conversant with this function, nor very little of Custom Macro's I'd appreciate an opinion from some of the more experienced users on there. Is this function easily adapted to a suitable Y axis post for this machine, or is this in the realms of custom posts?

Cheers,

Mick

Mick

If I'm reading the code right it looks like a twin-spindle handoff type of operation or a pickup operation. If this is the case the torque skip function is a very common way to handoff from one spindle to the other. All this does is tell the machine how much axis load means the part that is held in one spindle is now touching the other spindle. Typically the two spindles are moved to a safe position near one another at rapid traverse speed, then the torque cycle is activated and one of the spindles moves at a given feedrate toward the other until it 'sees' the given axis load at which point it clamps the workholding device and either releases the first side [handoff] or cuts the part off of the bar.

All of that being said; I manually paste this particular section into my programs because Mastercam doesn't deal with twin spindles too well.

C

[ 12-04-2003, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: chris m ]

Try this :

1.Save this Macro abstract in the text file

2 toolpathes =>next menu->manual .ent->text source :::=>use text file (select saved text file )

Or use miscelaneos variables in the operation to trigger inserting of this code before the operation (you must edit the postprocessor file )

HTH