Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Best text book for solids

Ron

quote:

But there is also some incorrect stuff in there.

That's an understatement! That book is the most poorly written piece of $hit I have ever read. Spelling errors, incorrect instructions in the tutorials, calling up files that don't exist, giving you wrong pick points, skipping steps...etc. Whoever proofread it (IF it was even proofread) should be fired. On top of that, it's about $95. I'll be selling mine just as soon as class is over.

I can't speak for the Solids book, but the Mill book is pretty good from In-House Solutions. I got it at my MC class. I've also heard nothing but good things about the Mastercam Handbooks, by our very own Charles Davis, of San Diego CAD/CAM. Here is some info on those. I'll be buying mine after I sell my other book. Good luck.

Thad

This is why I posed this question. Without extensive review and time spent, I never would know about the errors. I am checking into costs on the Mcam from CAD/CAM. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks for all the help once again.

Ron

Sticker Shock...

Mastercam Handbook / Course-in-a-box

Student version $98 level 1

Student version $98 level 2

Instructor version $125 level 1

Instructor version $125 level 2

Class of 10 plus one instructor $2210. These are paper back books also!

Hard to justify this to use for a couple years or until V. 10 comes out.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Hey Ron,

Thte Student Handbooks are probably the finest Mastercam resources available. Well worth the investment. You may need to sell it a bit to the bean-counters or beaurocrats but worth the effort. Good examples. I would highly reccommend them.

JM2C