Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Update NCI

Dolan

The Chook that Im writing requires me to parse the current NCI(ASCII). How can I make sure the current operations are written to that file? If its a new part, that hasn't been saved yet, I'd want it written to T.NCI (with no prompt to overwrite). That seems to be MCs default scratchpad. For instance, if I wanted a "one off quickie". I wouldn't want to save the MC7 file, but I would need the NCI. The only func Ive found that seems remotely close is:

void write_prm_to_nci (void);

Is this writing to the binary NCI? I rather not got the binary route. Im guessing its quite cold, damp & dark in there smile.gif

Also, how can I check the db to see if there are actually any operations to output to the NCI?

All I really need is a current NCI to parse, to proceed. NC utils|Edit NCI is doing basically what Im looking for, as far as updating the NCI.

To post all operations to your current post settings us the

nci_bin n;

boolean ok;

long fpos;

nci_manager (0, NCIMGR_POST_ALL, &n, &fpos, &ok)

Also, the 1016 line contains the operation id # which can be used to check against the operation list. To see if all operations have been posted, make a list of operation id #'s from the operation list:

ulong *op_ids = NULL, n_op_ids = 0;

op_list *opl = op_list_ptr;

while (opl != NULL)

{

++n_op_ids;

op_ids = (ulong *) REALLOC (op_ids, n_op_ids * sizeof (ulong));

if (op_ids == NULL) break;

op_ids[n_op_ids - 1] = opl->op.op_idn;

opl = opl->next_ptr;

}

Then compare the operation id # from the 1016 line to your op_ids and look for a match. If any of your op id #'s from the 1016 line aren't found in your op_ids list, then it has not been posted.

Don't forget to free up the op_ids with a

FREE (op_ids);