Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anyone using Cimco HSM performance Pack?

Lucky

Lucky,

If you are doing alot of hardmilling with multi surfaces you really need to try this. Material is always engaged in a helical fashion,smooth transitions always, great leftover cuts, and the calculation time is unbelievable.We work on large plastic injection molds and we really wonder how we got by without it. The best part I found was that I didn't have to change my posts or set-up sheets so we were able to run right away. Just the pocketing and contour passes are worth the price alone.

Lucky

I took the Cimco HSM to a customer who makes molds

and wrote a program for one of their molds. This customer let's me show up and take over the shop any time. i setup the machine and called the plant mgr and programmer to the machine. i first showed them an improved roughing cycle but the kicker was the finish cycle. on the Haas machine they have they were getting jerky movements around 200 ipm with Cimco filtering the xy, xz, yz i was able to get 550 ipm and could have done more and very smooth path. The mgr asked me where to send check to and i have not showed the HSM module yet. It is a great product and superfast on toolpath generation. Ex. scallop toolpath mastercam 20 meg file started 9:00 pm on a 2 gig processor pentium4 1 gig ram at 9:00 am still processing. HSM same file and computer 10min.

I am impressed with this product.