Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Active Reports- adding maximum Z depth to tool list

tony1001

I have modified the Active Reports Tool List (MILL-SIMPLE).rpx file to look like the picture, but in that last column I can't figure out (if possible) how to get it to put out a maximum Z depth for the tools. I tried putting in MAX-Z in the "DataField" and also where it says "Text," but it just stays blank. Basically, what I'm after in that column is if I have 3 operations that use the same tool, is there a way to get it to output the deepest Z point among those 3 operations? 

post-40812-0-44180700-1450116455_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Make sure you are pulling the Z out of the Operation and not the tool

-<OPERATION>

<SPACER>SJV</SPACER>

<NAME>8 - Helix Bore</NAME>

<COMMENT>3/8 FEM / MILL HOLDING BORE INTO JAWS / -1.042</COMMENT>

<COOLANT>Flood</COOLANT>

<DEPTH>-1.0425</DEPTH>  <<<<<<<<------------------------From here

<PROG-NUM>5897</PROG-NUM>

<STOCK-TO-LEAVE>0.0</STOCK-TO-LEAVE>

<TPLANE-PLANE-NAME>5897</TPLANE-PLANE-NAME>

<TPLANE-PLANE-NUMBER>4</TPLANE-PLANE-NUMBER>

<CPLANE-PLANE-NAME>5897</CPLANE-PLANE-NAME>

<CPLANE-PLANE-NUMBER>4</CPLANE-PLANE-NUMBER>

<WCS-PLANE-NAME>5897</WCS-PLANE-NAME>

<WCS-PLANE-NUMBER>4</WCS-PLANE-NUMBER>

-<TOOL>

<SPACER>SJV</SPACER>

<COMMENT>3/8 ENDMILL</COMMENT>

<COOLANT>Flood</COOLANT>

<CORNER-RADIUS>0.0</CORNER-RADIUS>

<DESCRIPTION>#1 - 0.3750 ENDMILL1 FLAT - 3/8 ENDMILL</DESCRIPTION>

<NAME>3/8 ENDMILL</NAME>

<DIAMETER>0.375</DIAMETER>

<DIAMETER-OFFSET>1</DIAMETER-OFFSET>

<LENGTH-OFFSET>1</LENGTH-OFFSET>

<MATERIAL>Carbide</MATERIAL>

<NUMBER>1</NUMBER>

<TYPE>Endmill1 Flat</TYPE>

<ASSY-NAME>.500 LOC - 1.12 OUT OF HOLDER</ASSY-NAME>

<HOLDER-NAME>DEFAULT HOLDER</HOLDER-NAME>

<HOLDER-LIB>NA</HOLDER-LIB>

</TOOL>

Yes, there are two places to find tool information in the setup sheet. Under TOOLS and under OPERATION. You want to use the fields that are under OPERATION:

SETUPSHEET/NCFILE/OPERATION/TOOL/MIN-Z  (minimum z i.e. max depth)

SETUPSHEET/NCFILE/OPERATION/TOOL/MAX-Z (opposite - usually clearance plane or retract plane)

I have been messing with this for a while now, but I'm still missing something. Where should I look to make sure that it is pulling the Z depth from the OPERATION instead of the TOOL? I tried copying the subreport so that there is one that has a recordset pattern that says //TOOL for the first 6 columns and the other subreport has a recordset pattern that says //OPERATION for the Max Z depth column. If I preview it, the Max Z depth column shows the -.5 from the XML file, but if I do the report from the tool manager in Mastercam, the column is still blank.

I have been messing with this for a while now, but I'm still missing something. Where should I look to make sure that it is pulling the Z depth from the OPERATION instead of the TOOL? I tried copying the subreport so that there is one that has a recordset pattern that says //TOOL for the first 6 columns and the other subreport has a recordset pattern that says //OPERATION for the Max Z depth column. If I preview it, the Max Z depth column shows the -.5 from the XML file, but if I do the report from the tool manager in Mastercam, the column is still blank.

Can you check to make sure there is a value in the XML file? Or post the XML here and we can take a look.

Post the setup sheet

Open this folder: %my mcamx9%\common\reports\XML

Look for the newest *.xml file

By the way, you can see an example of how to do what you are asking by looking at this template I published a while back: http://www.emastercam.com/board/topic/83094-free-activereports-template-for-setup-sheets/

Here is what comes up in the XML file:

B112.xml

I see there is no section for operations, and I'm not sure how to add it. Under Data source, it is set to go here C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared mcamx9\common\reports\SST\Samples\Mill\SSM.xml, using the sample file that comes with Mastercam in that folder.

I tried to upload the tool list files, but I get an error saying I'm not permitted.

I'll check out your link when I have a chance, my internet access is limited.

• 11 months later...

I see this topic is almost 12 months old but I also have a problem with my tool z depths and the set sheet.

Similar to the above set sheet, I too am posting MAX Z depth. This works fine for all tools on OP1 in TOP plane.

As soon as I flip too bottom plane and posted set sheet the MAX Z depth is still using TOP plane. I then changed T & C plane to bottom while leaving Shifted OP2 plane as is, this then worked.

All was well so I thought.

OP3 is front view, rotated 180 deg and set to op3 plane. Nothing I try can give me the correct MAX-Z value. It gives my TOP view Y value.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

post-71324-0-62791200-1480437522_thumb.jpg