Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Problem lathe verify

David Colin

I experience a problem with verify lathe toolpath on 3D stock (solid/STL/Stock model)

It seems mastercam verify simulator doesn't spin stock around its X axis (looks like it calculates a gravity point or symetric point, I don't really know...)

I uploaded a file to test, you can use solid on level 1 (named STOCK) to verify.

Anyone noticed that? It's really annoying as i often program mill-turn parts (without mill-turn add-on of course...)

Here is a capture from X9 verify(incorrect) and a capture from  X3 (because i recently jumped from X3 to X9!) which is correct (looks like solid on level 2 named DESIGN)

VERIFY BUG.mcx-9

post-2201-0-45546500-1454938462_thumb.jpg

post-2201-0-92103000-1454938472_thumb.jpg

It seems you are verifying with stock from job setup in you verify settings (as it s a lathe file, it means mastercam uses a solid made from a 2D chain revolved. The same it has calculated to generate lathe toolpathes). In that case it s correctly revolved around X centerline.
But, as you can see, that setting is ok to verify a lathe toolpath only, but it's not, to verify a mill toolpath (because stock will never stop to rotate)

So, to reproduce problem, in your verify settings, choose stock from a solid (and pick the one on level 1 named STOCK) then verify (you will also need to verify lathe toolpathes, not only milling). You will see lathe centerline is 'somewhere but clearly not on X axis'. However, milling toolpathes will verify correctly (stock will stop spinning)

I already tried stock model and STL file to set stock verify and it s the same problem.