Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CONTOUR X,Y,Z RAMP, ACR ALARMS ON FANUC CONTROL

chris tobey

why is it posting in .0001 z increments anyway 

Don't have a clue unless your bottom chain you are contouring is not flat....but it would appear to be a arc lead in...I thought you set it to use a line lead in?

You might try setting Z to -.8 and projecting that chain and flatten it out...

Can you share your file?  Post up a Z2G and I will be happy to look at it.

Yeah, for sure it's cutter comp. Your machine like most machines doesn't like to have Cutter Comp (cc for short) turned on or off in a g2/g3 line. There are probably 10 ways you could program it to stop it from posting out a cutter comp in your arc. Open your mastercam and back plot the tool. Go to your finish pass and watch as the tool comes in. It will be leading in with an arc, meaning the very first move after your z move will be an arc move. No can do. Can't fix it in the post ether. It is just a matter of watching for this. I tend to always program my lead in at a 2:1 ratio. That is, length can be 25%, 50% or 2000% if you feel like it. Just cut your arc percent in half. 50%  Line length, 25% Arc length. This is one way to keep it from doing that. But it is not full proof. If the part isn't big enough for your lead in/out then it will cut it down and not tell you. Just keep an eye on it. And think about not linerizing. Massive amounts of code and choppy parts. If you don't have to (machine is not from the 60s) then don't.

Hope that helps some.