Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cant get Use tools step, peck, coolant in tool settings to stay checked

Johnny5o

Operation defaults through the machine definition then go to the control definition through there and set it in the operation defaults for that machine. Then at the control definition level exit and then save the machine definition level and Horne answer yes to update to the updated machine definition. Know you should have it stick. Follow the steps and you will get the correct results.

HTH

• Like 1

Operation defaults are unavailable from the machine def manager if pulled down from the settings drop down tab. Do you mean machine def manager from the tool path manager then access the edit function to the machine def from there?? I'm curious as well as I want to set my machine up the same way.

Does the tool step, peck, & coolant option not work when importing OPS. When ever I import ops I get no coolant at all.

thanks

Not that I am aware of. I will highlight all the operations I want it working with. I will then right click edit common parameters. I will then use the coolant in there and have it update all the operations that I want coolant using. Yes it would be nice if the operation defaults for a machine and control took precedence, but then what if you didn't want it to? A slippy slope for a developer so they have tools and methods in place to make it happen.

HTH

• Like 1