Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Milling on magnets

high feed mills and large insert drills are what we push parts with.  My smallest magnet is about 36x36 and the smallest part is around 4k lbs.

The magnets are incredibly useful.  The more you use them, the better you get at application.

12 minutes ago, g huns said:

How much?

Did you not like it?

Make an offer. they go for $7k+.

It was a learning experience running .500 plates up on the risers. Not much materiel to generate magnetism. Dull cutters or getting too aggressive would move the parts but i was able to get everything tuned in pretty sweet. Flatness due to freestate workholding came in great. Cutter edge stress had much bigger effect.

5 minutes ago, mkd said:

Make an offer. they go for $7k+.

It was a learning experience running .500 plates up on the risers. Not much materiel to generate magnetism. Dull cutters or getting too aggressive would move the parts but i was able to get everything tuned in pretty sweet. Flatness due to freestate workholding came in great. Cutter edge stress had much bigger effect.

We do a lot of 5/8" plates on our 16X30. We played around with the height of the risers in order to get the part in the magnet's sweet spot. Too short or too tall and stuff moved easily, or chips stuck to the part face really bad. I think we ended up around 1.250" thick.

I'll have to see how play $$$ I have left.:D