Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DMS Routers

tomdorgan

We have customers with them and if you are running both tables together then you should not need the W Axis if you use the correct codes. If you are running them independent then you should have the option to load a program for each spindle and run them that way. Your post will have all of this sorted out. Where did you get your post from? What did your Mastercam dealer say when you called them about making it work for your machine? MLC CAD has a great group of people give them a call if you have not and they should be able to help you sort it out.

Welcome to the Mastercam Forum.

• Like 1

MLC helped me write the post for my old xxxxor 8055 machines and said same post would work.  However, DMS sent me a set of code to insert into my programs to slave the spindles but 

I see some conflicts with existing post code.

It is a twin spindle with a single 5x12 table.

Just thought someone with a more recent post for the DMS could help.

• Like 1

i am using thermwood dual head routers. we use each head indepently of each other or slave them together as needed. for us, g61 ties the heads and g60 unties them. the post should let you use the z head, w head or slave configuration within the same program. side note: did you get a copy of  the machine definition and control definition for the router. could u post the code from dms to let us see and a sample program you use.