Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Xform STL in X9

Jim at Gentex

Thanks, JP.

I didn't see the 'STL' tab on the Xform dropdown menu in X9 like it used to be in X8.

I just opened the stl file separately, moved it, then saved it with the geometry in the new location.

But that seems like a long way to go when the 'STL' function used to be right there on the xform menu.

I guess I was just wondering why it was changed.

Thanks, JP.

Likely because you now have MUCH greater flexibility and ease of use     :)  At least that's how I see it. I always found the XFORM stl function to be clunky

Thanks, JP.

I didn't see the 'STL' tab on the Xform dropdown menu in X9 like it used to be in X8.

I just opened the stl file separately, moved it, then saved it with the geometry in the new location.

But that seems like a long way to go when the 'STL' function used to be right there on the xform menu.

You can also merge the stl has a mesh, move it, save it and delete the mesh

That's a little more work, but the upside is you have the full menu of transform/rotate

commands to do it with