Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Best ways to orient and create lathe profile for part

honeybunches

I guess we have not programmed our lathe in a long time!  Typically just hand program most basic things. 

I am not sure if we setup a post for our lathe or just used the generics in X5 but I am trying to use the generic slant bed 2 axis. 

When I bring the part in, the WCS views for "top" are wrong so I select "right side" and get the part flipped how I need it and axis looks right.  I then create/turn profile.  That profile is on the wrong axis and seems to try and follow the Y and I need it to probably follow the X.  I am not sure if the default machine definitions are causing this or I simply need to rotate something? 

I remember in years past having to use Xform rotate to get the part looking correct but when I do that, it simply rotates about the Z and there is no option to rotate about another axis. 

What am I missing here?  When the part comes in, my axis are correct and part is looking up but of course I need the part on its side for programming our 2 axis slant lathe. 

I remember in years past having to use Xform rotate to get the part looking correct but when I do that, it simply rotates about the Z and there is no option to rotate about another axis.

Change CPlane, then rotate.