Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Turn Force Tool Change On For Every Operation

Hello,

I'm trying to add a switch in the header of our post that turn on Force Tool Change for every operation but am having trouble

with getting it to come out right. I found this in the header:

frcetoolch   : 1    #Force toolchange at each operation? 0 = No, 1 = Yes

But I cannot find the variable: frcetoolch anywhere else in the post.

My company uses a modified version of the MP Master. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

This is not possible on the POST side of things. The best you could do is scan through the Operation Parameters, and flag any operation that does not have the switch enabled. Then give the programmer a warning that a particular operation does not have that switch enabled.

The Post itself only consumes NCI data. NCI ASCII data is generated during the posting process, from the binary Operations that you have selected in the Operations Manager.

Enabling the Force Tool Change switch inside each operation may be possible with a C-Hook, but not from inside the post. And this C-Hook would have to be run before you even started the posting process.

Ok. Thanks for the quick response Colin. I'll look into adding it to my NetHook library.

Good choice. I'd be curious to know if this is indeed possible using a NetHook. I've ran into roadblocks on other projects where the functions just weren't exposed for .NET, and the only way to access the data structures were through the C++ API, by developing a CHook. If you get it to work, could you just respond back and let us know that you succeeded?

Thanks,

Colin

Good choice. I'd be curious to know if this is indeed possible using a NetHook. I've ran into roadblocks on other projects where the functions just weren't exposed for .NET, and the only way to access the data structures were through the C++ API, by developing a CHook. If you get it to work, could you just respond back and let us know that you succeeded?

Thanks,

Colin

CNCAH,

Colin trained me and this is how I came up with your question.

PS: what basically it does is it will flag if you are using FORCE TOOL CHANGE, if you want the opposite way you can just change from 0 to 1 at this the RED LINE as I color (ForceToolChange: 0).  Good luck man.

At....

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Custom FMT
fmt    4 errorcheck #Flag for error notification

pparameter$ # Run parameter table
          if prmcode$ = 15108, ForceToolChange = rpar(sparameter$, 1)

#region  Misc variables
sForceToolChange: ""
ForceToolChange: 0

# Error Checks
sForceToolChange = "CUT# "+sToolPathNumber+" * You have ROUGHER Tool"
                   +no2asc(13)+"TOOL#"+no2str(t$)
                   +" ("+no2str(tldia$)+", "+s20001+")"
                   +no2asc(13)
                   +no2asc(13)+"Feed Rate: "+no2str(feed)+ " ***** #Teeth x Chip Load x RPM"
                   +no2asc(13)+"Plunge Rate: "+no2str(plunge)
                   +no2asc(13)+"RPM: "+no2str(speed)+" ***** (SFM x 3.82) / Tool Dia"
                   +no2asc(13)+"SFM: "+no2str(sfm)+" ***** .26 x RPM x Tool Dia"
                   +no2asc(13)+"ChipLoad: "+no2str(fpt)+" ***** Feed Rate (RPM x Flutes)"
                   +no2asc(13)
                   +no2asc(13)+"If you feel this is a mistake, do these following steps:"
                   +no2asc(13)+"Step 1 = Click on PARAMETERS"
                   +no2asc(13)+"Step 2 = Click on TOOL tab"
                   +no2asc(13)+"Step 3 = uncheck FORCE TOOL CHANGE"
                   +no2asc(13)
                   +no2asc(13)
                   +"Click OK to proceed posting."+no2asc(13)
                   +"Click CANCLE to abort posting."+no2asc(13)

#Region Rotation direction calculation
# Rotation direction calculation
#EndRegion
ptlchg_errorpop #Pop-up common toolchange errors
     errorcheck = 1
         if ForceToolChange = 1, [if mprint(sForceToolChange, 2) = 2, exitpost$] #Force Tool change