Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

missing Toolchange after upgrade to 2017

Hello all,

Recently we have started looking at upgrading to Mastercam 2017 from X9 (I'm personally not liking the new interface but that's a different story)

but when we have noticed when we post only one tool it doesn't post an M6 for toolchange but it does post the tool offset

but if you have more than one tool it posts all toolchanges as normal

post-51381-0-20478600-1469106489_thumb.jpg

I (hopefully) have attached an image showing the difference between one tool and more than one tool and a zip to go

all and any help is much appreciated

Many Thanks

Jason 

T.ZIP

• 1 month later...

So a little issue came up today with the Mastercam 2017 post for our Mazak Vertical Mill...I made a 2 operation program using one tool to step off a radius in X9 which posted and ran fine. I opened that same file in 2017 and when I post the program, there is no tool call output. So I did some testing and found out that if I call a different tool for the second operation, both tool calls are output when I post the program. I'm assuming something went wonky when updating the post from X9 to 2017 but you know what they say about assuming. Anyone else have a similar issue? I'm not too experienced with editing posts, but I couldn't find any obvious differences...any input or direction would be greatly appreciated.

post-44796-0-92318400-1472650409_thumb.png

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...