Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 Handbooks

ManWithNoName

Hey All,

I work for an incredibly large aerospace manufacturing corporation whose factions do not all follow the same paths and/or guidelines. I've known that I had a transfer pending for a while now to a shop where I'd be programming in Mastercam independently (hooray). I attended an X8 Mill Level 1 course provided by the company (just before X9 launched), but the instructor was so busy glomming onto hero worshiping apprenti that anyone over the age of 35 didn't have much chance to learn anything. (I did eventually tell the chattering post teenage apprenti to stfu, but the week was mostly gone and I wasn't the most popular student in the class after that.) I have very little practical experience in anything but "on control" programming but am eager to learn Mastercam. (I've been in CNC manufacturing since 1990) Anyway, long story even longer, some months ago I bought X8 Mill level 1, 3, Solids, Lathe but am finding I just need a more basic understanding of what does what. Especially now that I've arrived at my new shop 3 weeks ago and find it's all X6 here. I've been looking for X6 Handbooks but can't find any except for the "NEARLY" full stroke price here. I'm a bit taken back that they still want maximum bang for manuals that are 4 editions old. Any hot tips where I can get handbooks for X6 without forking out another $250.00?

Hopefully,

DW Planemaker

Hello,

I understand your frustration at having to pay full price for books written for older versions. Unfortunately, our production costs for books don't go down as the software they're written for ages so the prices remain static. All of our books are printed to order at the time the order is received. If you don't want to pay full price you may be able to find some used copies on Amazon or eBay, etc.