Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DNC vs AUTOMATIC MODE

KERKEKNIANES

IN MY FANUC cnc , i can run program in DNC mode and automatic mode

does any one know the difference between them ? and when using it

They told me program in  automatic mode is registred in the machine memory and you can make changes in it

however , program in dnc mode is read from the computer and you can not make changes in the program, also it is used for long program

• Like 6

In general Fanuc machines come with a very small amount of user available memory so DNC was made.. DNC is also known as drip feeding.. Because of memory limitation you can drip feed very large programs ( larger than the machines memory). Clever software downloads a chunk of program to the machine for execution. In the background the software is downloading the next part of the program. As soon as one part program is finished it is deleted from the machine memory and the background program is placed in memory to run, again the software starts downloading the next chunk. This continues till the whole program is finished.. Very clever bit of software work..

• Like 2

In general Fanuc machines come with a very small amount of user available memory so DNC was made.. DNC is also known as drip feeding.. Because of memory limitation you can drip feed very large programs ( larger than the machines memory). Clever software downloads a chunk of program to the machine for execution. In the background the software is downloading the next part of the program. As soon as one part program is finished it is deleted from the machine memory and the background program is placed in memory to run, again the software starts downloading the next chunk. This continues till the whole program is finished.. Very clever bit of software work..

thank you Pip

when running a program from dnc mode , if i erase this program from my computer it still running or stops,? did dnc mode make calculation of radius compensation like automatic mode,why i can not make changes to the program in dnc mode

While DNC is running, you can not delete program from the PC, or the machine will stop at the end of the last block in memory.. This includes turning your computer off while DNCing. The machine will run exactly the same as if you where running the program from the machine memory.