Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DNC with subprograms from machine

foolsh

I do this all the time, Since our horizontal has really not enough memory.

I run my main program with sub routines to my macros in the control to get probing done and or serialization.

We run multi-dnc, Which does the job. But with the issues I had with the people who installed and support it. Even though the software does run pretty solid. I would chose to use predator. Predator has many times helped me when multi-dnc would not.

And that goes a long way with me. And when I need a new system, I will most likely be using them myself.

btw would not means they want you to pay for a yearly fee for any help. And when I setup a dnc system, I dont feel I need to pay for a maintenance fee.

I had a little problem very minor, one switch on in the software that was not allowing me to dnc properly. And the guy on the phone knew what it was, but refused to tell me less I spent something like 800 dollars.

I dont feel everyone has the right to become a utility. Monthly fees these days are getting outragous.

Jim

Btw I only recomended predator, not as a deterent to other dnc programs, I just felt the guy helping us on another companys software was a class act, and would love to see how much he would of helped on his own product.

There are many alternatives to the dnc, But basicaly yes you can do what you are asking.

Jim