Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Create planes relative to WCS nethook

I miss a standard X9 feature in 2017 so I d like to create a netHook to get it back to life... but I wonder if it can be done with a netHook or if it will need a CHook.

I'd like to create a NetHook (actually 3, one for Top, one for Front and a last one for Right) to exactly mimic X9 red planes icons commands.

This would need to follow this algorythm:

- to look for an existing 'plane relative to WCS (top or front or right)' in Mastercam view manager

- if there is a matching plane, set Cplane to the first matching plane (copies may exists)

- if there is no matching plane, create it and set Cplane

Can it be done with NetHook? If anyone has a clue to start it would be great

I am not exactly sure what the “match criteria” are for “relative to”.

Yes, this can be done with a single NET-Hook.

I just created a sample NET-Hook that has (3) commands that can be added to the UI.

Example:

If you select the RelativeTop command it will ->

Search through the planes looking for one that …

1> Is not one of the standard “reserved” planes.

2> The Origin of the plane matches the system Top plane.

3> The Matrix of the plane matches the system Top plane.

If found, that plane will be set as the active CPlane.

If not found a new plane will be created that matches the system Top plane (with a new name of course) and that plane will be set as the active CPlane.

email me - sdk <at> mastercam <dot> com and I can send you this sample project.

• 2 weeks later...

I miss a standard X9 feature in 2017 so I d like to create a netHook to get it back to life... but I wonder if it can be done with a netHook or if it will need a CHook.

I'd like to create a NetHook (actually 3, one for Top, one for Front and a last one for Right) to exactly mimic X9 red planes icons commands.

This would need to follow this algorythm:

- to look for an existing 'plane relative to WCS (top or front or right)' in Mastercam view manager

- if there is a matching plane, set Cplane to the first matching plane (copies may exists)

- if there is no matching plane, create it and set Cplane

Can it be done with NetHook? If anyone has a clue to start it would be great

How did you come out with this? I really miss the way previous versions worked with planes. Now the work flow is all backwards and if you got this sorted out can you please send it to me? Thanks