Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trick for Morph Between 2 Curves.

crazy^millman

Got a part with some every tight areas to machine some radius in it. I was fighting hard with Morph between 2 curves to get the toolpaths I wanted. I could get part of it, but nothing that really gave the motion I was after. I finally use some tilt curves and the motion was better than I was looking for. Trick is how to create good tilt lines the toolpath will react with. I figured it out by using the Surface would lead/lag for the tool axis control. I then set the Title Angle at side of cutting direction to 7 deg. I make the Side Title Definition Ortho to lower edge curve. I then backplot the toolpath and use the backplot limits to redcue certain tilt line I want from the toolpath. I save them to a level. I then go back to the toolpath and change the Tool Axis Control to Lines and pick the lines I want. Now I have got a very nice looking toolpath that goes and does exactly where and what I want.

Sorry no sample file to share this time.

• Like 3

Another trick for this toolpath. Say you have an odd ball shape, but would like for the toolpaths to run the same way through the part. Take the shape of B and would like to cut along the long length of the B. Offset the one side of the toolpath you are using for the curve to the other side of the toolpath and now the tool path will run the same all the way through the shape. I do recommend you use regions for the process verses lanes.

Another trick is to use the toolpath editor to get rid of the random odd things. Problem is the toolpath does not over lay on the actual toolpath. Save the toolpath to a level. Then you can pick on the items showing off from the real toolpath, but you will see the point you want to edit on the saved geometry. Now you can see what you need to change and good to go. Also the center mouse wheel works in the toolpath editor when you need to run through a bunch of points. Click on the number window and just scroll.

• Like 3