Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Additional active coolant for the toolpath in MCX6

KORLOY

Hello guys! 
I have a question about coolant setup in toolpath parameters, there is 3 active coolant choices, but I need one more (M12 - external air for Okuma). I know the posibility to add custom options for coolant in General Machine Parameters table, but I want it to use value of coolant directly from my post procesor (which is set as in he photo). There is a possibility to make 4 choices of coolant setup or no?
Any thoughts?

Capture

Capture2

There are two methods for controlling coolant output. The "old" method, which has only 3 "on" options and a single "off" option, and the "new" method, which gives you 10 "on" codes, and "10" off codes.

Both methods allow you to customize the output strings in the post. It's just that the new "X style" method uses a different string select list.

Turn off both checkboxes in the upper left corner. Then enable the coolant options you want below in the dialog box. Once that is done, search through the post until you find the 'X style' string select table, and modify the strings as needed.

I'm so happy with your attention Colin! Thank you for the answer, the problem is that my post processor is not generic ant does not have  'X style' string select table. I will try to copie it from generic haas and add it to my okuma post (I will add script in the photo).

Capture3

By the way Colin, as far I get the attention of one of the best post processing Gurus, I want to ask something.

I'm the absolutely new at post processing, but with the big enthusiasm and intention to learn about it! So I just want to ask you about the best learning literature and documentation for beginners, I found the some documentation (photo), is it ok for beginner?

With the best regards! Thank you for your time!

Capture4

If your post does not have the X Style Coolant, you cannot just add the String Select Table. There is a whole mechanism built into these posts that uses Canned Text to output the X Style coolant.

You are much better off starting with a Generic post (new), and adding your customization to it, rather than trying to add all the new and improved logic to an older post.

You can download a copy of MPMASTER from this site, and it will be a great starting point for any 3X or 4X post. For a 5X post, start with the Generic Fanuc 5X Mill Post that gets installed with Mastercam.

There is a whole set of documents about the Mastercam post language. The Volume 1 guide that you posted a picture of is a good place to start. Ideally, you should get the MP Documentation Portfolio PDF from your Reseller.