Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS question

snguyen6

I normally create 2 separate program for top and bottom of my part until  my friend show me how to use  new WCS  which very cool to save me time . But I very confuse 

example : on my old X6  when I rotate the plane 90 deg and make it a new plane for my next operation , I name it OP# 2  and start making toolpath out of that new plane

and it work perfect with out problem , when I go to parameter -  plane  and I always see the parameters like this : ( my friend  told me  all 3 have to be the same )

Working coordinate system       /  Tool plane         /   Comp / construction plane 

OP #2                                       OP# 2                            OP# 2

and there is a box below say display relate to WCS , if I check that box  the Tool plane and construction plane  is Dim  but I post out ok.

but now I am using MC 2017 for a little over 2 months  , I did the same thing I used to do before and I see like this : 

Working coordinate system       /  Tool plane         /   Comp / construction plane 

OP #2                                       OP# 2                            OP# 2 

I the program post out wrong with G54 and next op It come out G55  and I almost crash the machine

I came back and redo the process this time it come out like this below and it work ok

working coordinate system       /  Tool plane         /   comp / construction plane 

OP #2                                        bottom                           bottom 

Bottom line is I have no idea what I am looking for , which parameter is correct ?  Please help .  thank you so much

If your new plane ( OP #2 ) identically matches one of the original planes ( bottom ), then the plane manager will grab onto the original plane... I think this is a bug that needs to be fixed... but the work around is simple.

Your new plane, ( OP #2 ) has its own X, Y, and Z coordinates that match the bottom plane's coordinates... so simply alter one of your custom plane's numbers by an insignificant amount... say .00001", I usually do it to the Z coordinate.

It will not change your program output, but it will differentiate your custom plane from the original so that it will stop associating with the bottom plane.