Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to draw fixture for mastercam 2017?

Hello to all,

In our last class professor mentioned that we need to start drawing fixtures for our parts.  He really never showed to us how to do it but he did mention that fixture can be made on different level.

So far we are only doing 2D drawings of parts for which  we do stock setup, facing, spot drilling, drilling, contouring and all that looks nice on simulation.

But how do I draw fixture for lets say 5 pt. star that can fit in 3" x 3" x .250"H  stock  and lets say I have .250 diameter hole in the center where I will have 1/4x20 socket head bolt that will attach to the fixture under it with a washer in between to keep the part separated from fixture? Lets say fixture is 2"x2"x.05" H

Do I draw fixture in 3D on level 2 and  2D drawing on level 1?  we did not learn 3D drawings so I am not sure how he expects us to do it.

Both fixture and part need to be visible during simulation.

If it is hard to explain if you can you can draw simple  2" diameter circle with .250 diameter hole in the center and the part is .250 in height.

Fixture under it can be 1.5 x 1.5 x 0.5H and small washer in between the part and fixture and you can e-mail to me [email protected] so I can learn from your example.  Thank you all in advance.

• Like 1

What version of Mastercam are you using?

If you're using an .edu version, you will not  be able to open Mastercam files that are not .edu files and no one with an Industrial seat can open .edu files

You'll have to get a sample from your instructor

Hello to all,

In our last class professor mentioned that we need to start drawing fixtures for our parts.  He really never showed to us how to do it but he did mention that fixture can be made on different level.

So far we are only doing 2D drawings of parts for which  we do stock setup, facing, spot drilling, drilling, contouring and all that looks nice on simulation.

But how do I draw fixture for lets say 5 pt. star that can fit in 3" x 3" x .250"H  stock  and lets say I have .250 diameter hole in the center where I will have 1/4x20 socket head bolt that will attach to the fixture under it with a washer in between to keep the part separated from fixture? Lets say fixture is 2"x2"x.05" H

Do I draw fixture in 3D on level 2 and  2D drawing on level 1?  we did not learn 3D drawings so I am not sure how he expects us to do it.

Both fixture and part need to be visible during simulation.

If it is hard to explain if you can you can draw simple  2" diameter circle with .250 diameter hole in the center and the part is .250 in height.

Fixture under it can be 1.5 x 1.5 x 0.5H and small washer in between the part and fixture and you can e-mail to me [email protected] so I can learn from your example.  Thank you all in advance.

Can you supply the part really makes easier for a sample. I am figuring this to be a EDU file that is fine. Also as you can see all are thoughts are coming in 2017 Version of Mastercam.