Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco edit 8 giving wrong backplot times

GPC_CNC

We've been having weird numbers come up when getting toolpath statistics from Cimco Edit 8 since we updated. For instance, it's telling me my cut time is 7:52 (mastercam backplot says 18:06 so I'd expect at least close to that). It's also telling me that Rapid time is 42:21 which is a total crock. Anyone have any suggestions. We can't seem to find any settings that are incorrect to fix it.

Thanks

Greg

HI!

I have found that if you play with  the input dialog box in toolpath statistics : Tool change time, and Rapid speed  and change the values there, you will at least

get the overall All time to be pretty close to the proven program from the machine.

I run a part in the machine, and record the values, then I adjust those 2 values to reflect what the proven program gives me.

I have tried to use mastercam info of the times, but they have not been as accurate as Cimco in fact, for me that is, I mainly drill cavity

holes or mill holes up before reaming cavity holes for Hydraulic ports, so i have not so much need for  mastercam to quoting parts.

I like to use cimco for simulation of G codes, to see what exactly goes in to the machine, Mastercam and Cimco together is a good value, backplotter in cimco

works really well at least for my need, sometimes after updates it has been needed to get the backup of config file up and put back again, but the updates the company does

are often and stable.

Best regards from Norway, Geir

-Have fun and remember to smile!

Any Haas specific cycles on you program? 

In not, switch to the Fanuc filter and see if times are closer. Even if you have Haas cycles, try with Fanuc or ISO milling filters. 

Backplot filters do influence toolpath statistics and there are known issues with some filters.

If Fanuc Milling or ISO Milling gives you a better time, please send your Haas program to [email protected] describing your issue. I'm sure one of their Russian PhDs will fix it. They did it for us several times for a few filters and they actively enhance or fix their filters. 

Make sure also that your units and feed modes are correctly set in the machine settings within the editor. 

On 4/21/2017 at 10:48 AM, Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming said:

GPC, can you send me the Mastercam file and the Gcode that you posted for the file to look at the settings. See if I can get set correctly.

Email to jk AT Cimco Period Com

You have mail.

Greg