Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Iskander teh 840D Wizard input needed!

Mick

Iskander,

I've got the customers post sorted a lot better now, thanks to your, and everyone elses, input. Thanks everyone!

I have one question: Have you ever used the Cycle90 thread milling cycle?

The machine is apparently equipped with the option, but if I type in the sample from the manual, it errors up with a code like "Error in cycle. Check customer documentation"

The machine tool supplier is adamant it is equipped with the option, but even with the sample from the manual typed in, it doesn't work.

Can you shed any light on this?

the Cycle 90 is custom macro from Siemence , it has some parameters checking ,If some parameters are not matching one another you`ll get error massage ,depending of what mismatches

controller will continue with his approximation of a cycle (Like it will correct g2 to G3) or stop if your tool diameter bigger than inner thread(it looks on the Offset value and compares it with a data ,BTW tool offset must be programed before the Cycle call ))

Iskander teh Gib me teh curse.gif code ,PLZ and your work description and teh curse.gif error messages smile.gif

Mick !

FYI:

I don`t use Cycle 90 in a regular way ,may be from time to time like all other custom Cycles .

I use mastercam 4 programming smile.gif

Anyway on most 810-840 controllers this is a standart cycle 4 interacting programming ,start new program ,select interacting programming ,select Cycles ,threadmilling and you will get it with all parameters descriptions . smile.gif

Iskander teh Why to use Cycle 90 at all when Toolpath->circ.toolpath->threadmill exists which much better ,IMHO ?!? banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Iskander,

I'm sorry for the delay in replying. I've been snowed under with work, both here at home, and at work, so I haven't been on here much :/

Anyway, I tried this sample code out of the Siemens manual:

N10 G17 X100 Y100 S300 M3 T1 D1 F1000

N20 Z8

N30 CYCLE90 (8,-20,0,-60,0,46,40,3,0,50,50

N40 M2

The control returns the error with the above code (thats straight out of the Siemens manual)

ARGH...Give me an Okuma any day....:/

Mick !

i AM BUSY NOW ANd WRITE IN HURRY

I see one silly mistake

N30 CYCLE90 (8,-20,0,-60,0,46,40,3,0,50,50

must be

N30 CYCLE90 (8,-20,0,-60,0,46,40,3,0,50,50)

and check if tool offset D value less then your

thread radius size cause you are milling inside thread ,right ?

I will return later

Iskander teh CFTCP NORM

Iskander,

I'll have to talk to the customer tomorrow. From memory, when we tried it, we had a 6mm tool in the spindle, so it should have been fine.

It was a strange error "Check Customer Documentation"

I'll check tomorrow (I'm at home now :/)

• 2 weeks later...

Woah, calm down Iakander. I have been very busy with house renovations, and as a result, my internet access was somewhat limited.

The customer has other issues to contend with at the moment, and this current issue will be dealt with at a more appropriate stage. I'll let you know how they get on, once *I* know more.

So put your black book away.

smile.gif

Woah, calm down Iakander. I have been very busy with house renovations, and as a result, my internet access was somewhat limited.

The customer has other issues to contend with at the moment, and this current issue will be dealt with at a more appropriate stage. I'll let you know how they get on, once *I* know more.

So put your black book away.