Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

renishaw's Axis set on OSP7000L okuma

How would one go about getting a macro setup on a MacTurn30 to simulate what Renishaw can do on other machines?

local applications, Renishaw or Okuma internet Guru looking for a side project?

I'm looking to get the machine's probing option setup and give me some feed back on how well the machine is tracking a sphere at different B axis angles as a calibration routine.

I'm pretty much a noob with okuma macros and probing on okuma for that matter. Not sure what kind of probing software the machine would have come with originally.

21 minutes ago, civicegg said:

I don't know if AxiSet can be used to check angles, I have only used it to check centerline of rotation. 

^^^ trunnion mill application?^^^

only looking for XYZ deviation 'output' at a given plane rotation (G127 Ba=xx.xxx) so i can manually tweak parameters until i get it fine tuned.

AxiSet will give you the centerline of rotation deviation for XYZ to adjust the parameters. It gives you a plot just like a ballbar, you adjust and rerun until you have achieved acceptable error. AxiSet has to be purchased, it has its own set of specific set of macros, has the excel sheet to analyze, and also uses the typical Renishaw measurement cycles in addition to the specific ones. 

If it has a probe, and macros it should not matter what control it is. But if you purchase it, they should take care of the leg work, you would just need to provide the macro variable locations.

I have solely used it on trunnion machines, but it is not limited to 5 axis mills. 

• Like 1

Renishaw Axis-Set IS available for Okuma lathe controls, but I'm not sure if it is compatible with the older OSP-7000L control. There are a lot of new system variables that the macros read from and write to. I'm sure with some tweaking we could get a version suitable for your machine.

Have you tried contacting our local office? 714-446-7770 for our SoCal office.

• Like 1

Thanks Brad. Pretty funny i just put in a request to Renishaw's global site, minutes ago.

I'm currently stressing about a crazy part i need to do in short order with great precision. So as a stop-gap i was thinking to get one of those Haimer Universal 3-D spindle probes and run some cycles on a tooling ball mounted on centerline of chuck.

It's painful futzing with the parameters to 'try' and tune-in B turret comp. It would be amazing to have a macro write to parameters.

• 3 weeks later...