Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

generic haas rotary output help

jlw™

I used the generic 4 axis machine definition and renamed it. The original vertical machine def was still thinking it was a vertical, it was just changing the axis letter designation based on what was defined for the rotary, but angles were still relative to a vertical.  The Front view was coming out at 90, which is what it should be on a vertical. And the right view was alarming out because it was still thinking it was a vertical 4th axis.

Things that I changed

-Used standard 4ax horizontal machine def

-turned on inverse time feeds in control def, and set max inverse to 45000.

-Turned on lock and unlock commands in the post. Haas does not require them for positional work, but requires the unlock for simultaneous. So to get it to work with the logic in place, you have unnecessary unlock and lock commands for positional work. It slows things down a bit on the machine, but its a post that is provided with Mastercam so....

-Relabeled the "B" axis to an A axis in the post because of older Haas rotary axis designation... 

liner-civicegg.ZIP

I fingered it out.  I just did it like a vertical.  I was overthinking it I guess.  Everything you hear is "like a horizontal" and "like a horizontal" and "like a horizontal" but I just treated it like vertical.  Which, honestly is what makes sense any way because it matches real world axes.  Man, mcam has some really good stuff.  Really, it does.  I can program anything with it after enough frustration.  However, it also has some really crazy stuff too.

Check out the output from the attached z2g.

liner.ZIP