Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

stop forced spindle output

I've got a post question that I'd like a little input on.  I have a Postability post that I want to remove forced spindle output from a custom drill cycle while minimally impacting the rest of my post.  Is there something I can add to this evaluation so that the spindle will not output on custom drilling cycles or specifically this subprogram call?

addtopost.png

Don't modify the 'pfspindleout' post block. You want to set a condition for where that is "called" from. You can see that the "S" and "M03" come out before the "G43", so that is in the Tool Change post blocks somewhere.

The variable that you want to test is "nextdc$", which shows you the next drill cycle number. (index starts at '0')

That is the "9th" item in the list, but using a zero-based index means you want to test for "nextdc$ = 8".

Let me see what I can dig up. You're either going to "enable" the other "drill cycle parameters" in the dialog, and change the Text Strings, or enable the "Custom Parameters" and name those Strings. Then, you've got to Format the variables in the Post. In the case of the Custom Variables, they probably aren't used elsewhere (yet), so that is pretty easy. In the case of the regular "text string" Drill Parameters, you need to use the 'newfs' and 'nwadrs' functions to change formatting and pre-fix strings, then use those same functions "at the end of the cycle" to change them back. It isn't really a "quick" example...

I too had issues with spindle forcing in the wrong places.

prpm pspindle pnullspin were confused.

I got it after a lil bit but somehow my count was wrong in the MI for grabbing forward and reverse. I think I got it but I haven't posted a whole lot of different types of toolpaths to know it something else is wrong.

if I screw something over in the misc drill. I copy from a previous. 

Your mill post is lil complicated because of all the 5axis code but grabbing refz and depth, plane return blah blah blah is there. Should be in some of the other ops in case you get lost. 

+1 Colin

lots of info (have to read it a couple times) but definitely +1