Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

V10 suggestion

Code_Breaker

I have a suggestion for verison 10 of MasterCAM. biggrin.gif

The tool "radmill.mc9" uses faulty geometry banghead.gifbanghead.gif

Presently, it uses the tip diameter only and no shank diameter is called out. Therefore, MC automatically calculates the shank diameter by the tip diameter and the radius. cuckoo.gif To generate the correct cutter path, you have to make the tip diameter the same as the shank diameter. But, you can't use this tool path in verify.

The suggestion is to add the shank diameter to the tool geometry. This way the tool will (or should) work in verify.

Just a suggestion. I know someone will say, don't use the tool, but we do. Or they might say, make a custom tool. I rather see MC working the way the real world works.

Code_Breaker cheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Hey code, I already sent this in last year and they made note of it. I added some things to the tool definition page to reflect an actual Radius mill. Don't know if or when it will be added but I was encouraged by the discussion.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

It was a few e-mails between myself and the QC Manager at CNC Software.

Basically I took a screen shot of the current tool definition. Brought it into MS Paint and added another field to define the shoulder diameter. The part I was doing at the time required me to go up close to a shoulder and I did not catch that there would be a problem until it was almost too late. So I sent in the suggestion and we had some discussion about it. I ended up having to grind the tool shoulder down to make it work. Man I'm soo glad I was a machinist before I started programming...

JM2C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You know there is a GREAT tool company right around the corner from you right? Cal-Tool. They have a couple CNC Grinders with another one onthe way. They can pretty much do anything you want. Prices are reasonable too.