Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Overal Tool length output in tool table

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

First of all, if you search in topics posted on the forum you might see that it's always best to give as much information of your issue beforehand so other user can see if they can help you from the information provided.

In this case it's not easy to know what version of Mastercam you are running or what post you will use it for, or if you want the tool length of the tool itself, or tool included holder to get the total length from the spindle face.

And since this is also a parameter you have to find for the tool length and the holder length and calculate them together into a value you can put into your nc program you will need to edit your post processor, and I do not know if you are capable to  do it.

I asked for help for an issue of mine here, and it got me started and users here are willing to share if they know what is asked for.

Your reseller may have a document called NCI reference guide that you maybe can get a hold on first to get you started with getting the right parameter for you to put total tool length into your nc program, i suggest you start there and later ask if you are then unsure of the process. remember it is many ways to do this task, it depends where you want to have the information in your program, and how you are going to implement it in the post processor code.

I would help you if this was something of like a switch that you could change a value, but since it will involve editing your post processor i suggest you start by learning some of it, and again then come back and seek more answers then.

The header tool table you get from generic post will not have this total tool length output anyway, but you can implement it with help from the nci guide from your reseller yourself.

Its not that you do not will get help, but it is best to try to learn more yourself and see if it will develop yourself in this that way, that is what i have learned here on the forum.

best of luck!

Parameter from series 20007

-  Total holder length  + Tool Projection

and then calculate this into a combined value

should then be the one you need for your task then.

what version of Mastercam are you using then?, some parameter is only available in the latest versions.