Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fagor probing help

So not a Guru

Does anyone have experience with the conversational probing on a Fagor 8065 control? No one here knows anything about how to use the functions, including me. They have been using this machine for one family of parts with fixtures and set work coordinates, since the machine hit their floor a few years ago.

Now they want me to run some different work on it. I can't set it up with an edge finder, because the spindle won't spin with the doors open and my fixture is situated where I can't see the edge finder jump in "X".

I wrote a macro to measure "Z" and I can see the edge finder to set "Y". I'm sure I can find a way to get "X" set for this part, but I really want to be able use the probing.

I've already called DMS, the machine builder, but they haven't been able to help.

Can i get the macro to measure z for this machine?

I have helped setup a 5axis DMS with the same control at my local tech school but it is a pain to set Z as you have to take tool length into account and manually do the math. I wanted to write a macro to do this but could never find info for the control.

Do you have any documentation on the control variables and how to write macro's for it. DMS is less than helpfull with alot of issues

Sorry i can't help now but maybe in the future something that i learn will help you back... :D

Maybe have them get you a 3d taster to help with setting stuff up:

https://www.haimer-usa.com/products/measuring-instruments/sensors/3d-sensor/universal-3d-sensor/universal-3d-sensor.html

3 hours ago, Zoffen said:

Can i get the macro to measure z for this machine?

Here you go Zoffen. I've tried to put easy to follow comments for each line, that may help you write future macros. I have some more in depth documentation for this, I'll try and send it to you later when I have time.

I've included instructions for performing single surface measurements, that I was able to work out yesterday.

If I forget to send you the other stuff, please don't hesitate to remind me.

MEAS_Z.NC

easy probe.docx

full probe.docx