Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Updating Post to New Enhanced Tool Table

So I'm updating our post processors finally to use the new enhanced tool table and have come across an issue with the documentation.  In the "Working with enhanced tool tables" document, on page 11 under the section "Getting NCI data from inside ptooltable$" it shows that you can get the tool diameter by using the line

tldia$ = rparsngl (opinfo(1013, 0),2)

and it does post correctly.  Here's the problem though, it gives me an error when posting.

06 Nov 2017 08:44:35 PM - PST LINE (3113) - The arguments for this operator/function are not the same type (var/string)[12]

I originally thought it was my formatting of tldia$ and changed the formatting multiple times to see if it would work but it will not.  Just in case though,  the formatting is

fmt  "D = " 11 tldia$           # Note format

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

All of the logic and functions for the Advanced Tool Table stuff is brand-new. You'll likely have to direct any questions to '[email protected]', since my guess is that .001% of Post Developers are using the new stuff.

I've been writing Posts for a long time, and I haven't even touched the new TT stuff. Mostly because it means "re-wiring" a bunch of stuff that I've had working for a long time inside my Posts. Are there advantages to updating? Sure, but it also takes an investment in learning the new variables, functions, and techniques to make it all work.

I'm sure I'll eventually get into using the new stuff, but I really base the tools I use often on "what's available in the Generic Posts" from CNC Software and In-House Solutions. When "MPMaster" gets switched over, that's when you'll see me switching.

Good luck with your project! Hopefully you'll find some of the bugs and errors that I'm sure exist in the new functions. That is the other joy of being an early adopter of new technology. ;)

• Like 1

Hi,  I'm trying to recall but I think the problem might be nesting opinfo inside rparsngl. There are a bunch of examples in documentation where this is a two-step process, like this:

gauge_length : 0       # Station body length
gauge_length_old : 0   # Value from previous operation
lstation_old : 0       # Value from previous operation

p_get_my_parameter     # Any postblock where you need the value
    sparameter$ = opinfo(20008, 0)
    gauge_length = rparsngl(sparameter$, 9)

sparameter$ = opinfo(20008, –1)
    gauge_length_old = rparsngl(sparameter$, 9)

sparameter$ = opinfo(1016, –1)
    lstation_old = rparsngl(sparameter$, 14)

It's possible I missed fixing one of the code samples (documenting that stuff was a real bear...). Try that and let me know if that works out.

Regards,

Robert

Edited by Robert Bernobic from CNC Software
text color