Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify Issue

newbobi

Hi All,

I need help on verify issue.  Please see these pictures.  They are in WCS:  LEFT SIDE view for clarification.

2Capture.PNG.e4ccd3408fb774e47a32f3b827b16592.PNG3Capture.PNG.a72243975b8dec4e4644370f4644cc36.PNG

I try to drill 8 holes equal space on Ø4.00 rod.  In toolpath parameter, It was set Planes (WCS)  (Working coordinate system = Top, Tool plane = Top and Comp / Tplane = Top).

Rotary axis postioning, Rotate about X axis.

The left picture is backpot.  It looks like the tool goes into the hole perpendicular correct.  The program also posted out correctly.

The right picture is verify.  It is going from right side into the hole, not perpendicular into the holes.

I have search the Google and especially in here, nothing was come up close to my finding.

I played around Backplot Options setting, checked box Simulate Rotary Axis, checked box Display Vectors, connect top and  1.0 length.  Nothing had help.

I am using Mastercam 2018.

Any helps would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance All.

Newbobi

It's probably a bug introduced with 2018... send it to QC to check if it's already logged or not.

Hopefully, with Mastercam there are often other ways to do the same thing  (which will be correct in verify).

- Drill5x toolpath is nice if you have it

- Or modify your 2D toolpath with 'no rotation' and use top view drill point only then create a rotate transform toolpath to drill others 7 holes