Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Active Reports - Detailed Tool list - Operation Details?

Is it possible to query toolpath info when making a tool report with active reports?    I use center comp with ball ends, but always touch off to the end of the tool.  So there needs to be a negative value in the wear comp.  This isn't a big deal and I have the post outputting a check for it.  99% of the time this is how I do it.  But 1% of the time with some legacy programs, and other related parts that I have done, I don't use center comp and therefore don't need the negative wear value.

Anyway, long story short, my detailed tool report outputs the negative wear value and highlights it currently if it is a ball or lollipop.  However, as there are cases where it isn't needed, I would like to know if it is possible to go and check a toolpath if center or tip comp was used. 

Is this even possible?  I am guessing it is for setup sheets, as the COMP2TIP property exists, which I am guessing is the property tied to that dropdown.

17 minutes ago, Mick George said:

that can be bound to an XML tag  you can add script to test the value and hide or show other fields accordingly/

That I totally understand, but when you execute a detailed tool report, you don't have access to the setup sheet xml info, correct.  Just the tool info XML it creates.  Or am I wrong?