Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpath manager unresponsive

Jbrown17

I have a file that the tool path manager seems to be stuck. When i click on any part of that window I get a warning ding from the computer. I've tried re-opening, rebooting and re-opening, with the same result. I had just exported my toolpaths to a similar part file just before this started happening. Would anyone have any idea whats going on here?

I just opened another file and it is doing the same thing.

After checking the obvious things like; having the correct machine selected, making sure I was not in Design ( as mentioned above), there was still no response from the toolpath manager window.

I called CNCsoftware tech support and they fixed me up in about 3 minutes.  I had to go find the my mcam 2018 folder and rename it. This resets the defaults. It worked fine after that. The down side was I had to re-customize my screen setup.

I had a similar issue recently. It was workspace file (in myMcam/config) which was corrupted. Of course, rename or delete it will force Mastercam to recreate a new default at launch but you will loose all customizations as you said.

Workspace file is XML style so you can edit it with a text editor. I had a saved workspace file but it wasn't up-to-date.However I compared both files and I just copied <Docking...> XML section values from saved file toward corrupted file and my toolpath manager got back to life.

I guess if you don't have a saved workspace file you can try it with a default one too.