Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Why won't this dynamic mill toolpath regenerate?

DCOPE17

So, I have this toolpath that I have used a few times. I'm use to "core mill" from X4. Anyway, I have successfully used it several times but this is the second time I have had to delete it and use a different toolpath because I hit regenerate and it does nothing. I don't know if its my computer of what since I don't get any error message or anything from MCam. 

Anyone have an idea? 

The part is stepped down 1/8" from the left over to the square on the right which is left tall. 

FORUM.mcam

It's because of how you chained the Machining and Avoidance.

2D Dynamic works a little different than the Core Mill path as far as chaining goes.

If you're just cutting down a step left of that wall, try Chaining the single wall entity using Peel Mill, set it to LEFT and however long of a path you want.

OR

Capture.PNG

Or for Peel Mill:

Capture2.PNG

Okay, I just figured it out, I chained the area I want to machine, not the total part. Then chained the avoidance and it regenerates and works. 

Thanks for the help. really I just needed to know why it didn't regenerate. since you told me to change my chaining, it then regenerated and I was able to make changes and see what happens. 

Thanks. 

EDIT: nice drawings, thanks for the great visual there too. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, DCOPE17 said:

I just needed to know why it didn't regenerate. since you told me to change my chaining, it then regenerated and I was able to make changes and see what happens. 

Thanks. 

Yep, your geometry was both part of Machining and part of Avoidance, it didn't know what to do.

I logged this as S-59039.  I agree - it would be nice if 2D HST would provide more information if no toolpath motion is output.  In this case, a message like "avoidance region obscures machining region", or something, might help.  (I'm not sure how/what we can do but I'll give it some thought.)

I see the Preview Chains shows the correct image - but it is a bit hard to decipher (until you study the selected chains).

Thanks for the part.

• Like 1