Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

radius tool in verify poor results

cherokeechief79

I have a simple 2 x 2 square  that I'm putting a .25 radius around the top with a "roundover" tool.

I created the tool myself and in verify the round it puts on the part is 3 different angles without anything at all that resembles a radius.

I have the precision slider all the way up.

in backplot it looks fine even in verify if I stop it ,it looks like the tool is only contacting in 3 points and makes straight lines between them.

surely there is some way to bump up the precision on this.

oops this is 2018 but looks the same in 19

13 hours ago, cherokeechief79 said:

I have a simple 2 x 2 square  that I'm putting a .25 radius around the top with a "roundover" tool.

I created the tool myself and in verify the round it puts on the part is 3 different angles without anything at all that resembles a radius.

I have the precision slider all the way up.

in backplot it looks fine even in verify if I stop it ,it looks like the tool is only contacting in 3 points and makes straight lines between them.

surely there is some way to bump up the precision on this.

oops this is 2018 but looks the same in 19

You need to check the simulation engine in Verify, the default setting is to use the 3 axis engine. Go to the file tab select options and switch the engine to 5 axis, this will titghen up the tolerances and the round over tool will cut a radius instead of a chamfer.

Verify Options.jpg

Verify Radius Tool.jpg

• Like 1